Apr 7, 2008

SFE-Helping me P.T.O

S.F.E.-Students' Forum for Electronics
The name that has become a passion in the past year. I don’t know what I’m going to write about it. But since this is MY blog and it has things that concern me, it’s but natural that SFE is typed into it sooner or later.

I've reached a stage where my relationship with SFE has probably come to an end. And it is now that it strikes me how much I owe to SFE for making me realize my own worth!!
Frankly speaking, the 2 years prior to VESIT were perhaps the worst of my life. I was in the middle of nowhere... one hand clinched the past as tightly as it could not wanting to let go lest I’d falter & fall and the other circumspectly reaching to the next step & timidly withdrawing it too afraid of breaching horizons. I'd lost the spark that once people said characterized me.
Even when I became an SFE co-coordinator my apprehensions did not abandon me immediately, having being fueled with years of cynicism and negativity they were bound to 'cling' to me. Then gradually without me realizing it... I started viewing things differently... Each challenge that SFE put up to me... each seeming so exciting that I never thought of quitting for a single second. And in times I wavered from my grit, I had colleagues who although like me were exploring themselves showed that it was not a lone battle for me.

The transformation was not sudden nor was it anything miraculous. I didn’t change myself. No. Did I find a new person within me? No. I didn’t reinvent myself. Rather, I’d say that I discovered myself. I always had the skill sets hidden in me , somewhere , but never being tested , they just lay there , rusting , until the rust spread to my mind and I was blinded of who I am. SFE provided me with opportunities to see beyond the veil and find myself.

There is a tale I’d like to narrate at this point,

There were once two old men who were on a long journey. To their misfortune, they came across a valley which could only be crossed by walking on a thin piece of log put across the two opposing edges. One of them thought of the painful death he’d face if he’d fall and dreading every step he put forward. Suddenly it came to his mind that the long journey had caused terrible pain in his legs and that he would be totally incapable of going across the valley. In a few moments, the valley resounded with a ‘thud’. When the other man stepped onto the log he noticed that the wind was too mild to cause him any hindrance… but pleasant enough to keep him at peace. He thanked the Lord that the valley was to be encountered early in the journey when he still had fresh pair of legs. Not miraculously then, the man crossed the valley and went ahead on his journey.

Today when I walk through the road or the college corridor, I don’t notice the reasons why a guy next to me is better than me, I seek qualities in me that differentiate me from him.

I am unique. I am special. And I will always be grateful to SFE for making me realize such a simple thing.

1 comment:

  1. That was worth a read bro..
    Each n evry line in dat post was so damn correct in evry sense.. n really well written too.. Cheers !!

    Hail SFE !!

    ReplyDelete